For Old Timers who experienced the "Golden Age" of Audio of the 60s and 70s.

Having traversed the long span of time and have known the love of Scott, Fisher Dynaco and McIntosh I have now settled into my "sweet spot" between a pair of Klipsch Cornwalls and Vintage Marantz 7 Preamp, DynacoST70 Amp,  Marantz 125 Tuner ,DUAL 1229 Changer and finally achieved "Musical Nirvana". How Sweet it Is!! Robinhood1940.

Please share your experiences!
robinhood1940
How about the early to mid 60's Radio Shack catalogs? Macintosh, AR, Scott, Gerrard, etc., were all in their at one tine or another. Hard to believe you could buy Macintosh electronics, AR speakers, and a Gerrard 301 all from Radio Shack. Far cry from the Realistic Mach One's of the 1970's
A couple of great sites, at which most Radio Shack and Allied Radio catalogs can be found, going back to the first issue (1939 and 1929 respectively):

http://www.radioshackcatalogs.com/

http://www.alliedcatalogs.com/

Enjoy! Regards,
-- Al

Not sure if this is the right forum but maybe someone can help me out.  While cleaning out a house I found 16 Highway HiFi records with their sleeves.  Are these of any value?  or is a vintage car forum better for info?  
I moved a few years ago and then decided to 'listen' to all the masses of gear I had accumulated over the 40years in this hobby when setting up my system again.  Krell, Levinson, McIntosh, GAS, Citation, and what I discovered to my utter shock was that I really like the sound of Sansui.  I have been enjoying my Sansui 9090db, Dual 1229 turntable (with a Grace 747 tonearm), Pioneer RT 1050 half track reel to reel and a Nakamichi 500 Dual tracer cassette deck.  Yes, Krell had more bass slam, yes Levinson was pure silk when listening to jazz trios, of course McIntosh was polite and correct.  The thing is, to 'me', nothing is as 'musical' as the Sansui.  I can listen to it for hours on end and it's utter bliss.  I still can't believe all the gear I've gone through just to arrive here, but I am happy and that's what matters. 

So Robinhood1940, I completely get it and applaud you. Listen on and enjoy, but it isn't about the gear, it's about the music..

Norman