For Basis TT owners does the VPI SDS work?

I was wondering if anyone has used the VPI SDS power conditioner/speed regulator for their Basis turntable? The Basis Synchro thing is very expensive!

thanks for any input.

Das
128x128das
Fjn04,

Dre has it correct, this is what A.J. said about the PSST being a copper cable with silver coating and the Discovery Cable.

'No, this is copper wire, and sounds much, much better than the Discovery, which is very veiled in comparison.'

I'll be the one sending the arm in for rewiring........ eventually.

Sam
Anyone know whether the Clearaudio Syncro Power Generator works with Basis 2200 Signature Turntable Motor?

Thanks !
I've heard that the Walker works well with Basis, but I haven't bothered to try one. Not too expensive, especially compared to the Basis model.
I had the VPI SDS and it worked fine but after trying the PS300 from PS Audio I sold it and still use it today. I feel the 300 sounds much better. It adjusts both voltage and frequency and is better for an AC motor. If you can get one used upgrade it to miltiwave2 and shut off mutliwave as AC motors will burn out with more than 1 frequency.
The other thing I found was my older Meridian DVD player sounds better with both 60/100hz.