Focus Audio 688's

Is there a Focus Audio dealer in the SF/Bay Area? Particularly interested in the FS688's. Any opinions on this speaker?
128x128eyeballman
Audiodude...thanks for the kudos!

Maxxc, nice to see you here in addition to Audioasylum! Although I disagree with you just a little bit regarding the differences between the Focus speakers. To my ears, the 688 and 788 are very similar in character, with the 788 basically giving you "more" of everything the 688 does (more detail, more body, more bass extension, etc). The 888 is different in character such that it projects a *much* larger soundstage, and the details that appear within the soundstage are surprisingly rich. The similarity between all of the Focus line is the seamlessness of sound across the entire frequency range and the extended-but-incredibly-controlled high frequencies resulting from the Revelator tweeter...

Anyways, that's my opinion...

Phil
Sonic Spirits Inc
Hi Phil, Yep rarely get over here but noticed the all to rarely seen Focus Audio post.

I've never actually heard the other FS speakers. I was just going by what I read at FA's website, from a brief conversation from someone at FA and Tony in Florida.

I know the FA website states they thought the midrange on the 788 might be a tad better then the other two since it was launched after the other two and that the FS688 choice to stay at its small size and use the 5.5 inch driver rather then the 6.5. I know Tony felt the FS688 had slightly more punch in the bass then the larger FA speakers.

Its hard to imagine how good the other two must sound. I know Doug at Soundstage felt the same way that you do, that the FS788 do everything equal or better (ie same top end, better midrange and deeper bass) then the FS688 and from what those who post at AA, who have been to your store, the FS888 is another significant step up.

Best Wishes Maxx
Thanks for all the responses. This was very helpful. Unfortunately it increases my curiosity about the 688's.
Hi,
I just baught pair of fs688
can you please recommend an integrated amplifier for them ?
(1000$-3000$ price range)
You might want to consider the Blue Circle NSCS. It's my understanding that Focus and BC work well together.

Cheers

http://www.bluecircle.com/index.php?menu_id=3175