Focus Audio 688's

Is there a Focus Audio dealer in the SF/Bay Area? Particularly interested in the FS688's. Any opinions on this speaker?
128x128eyeballman

Showing 2 responses by philnyc

Audiodude...thanks for the kudos!

Maxxc, nice to see you here in addition to Audioasylum! Although I disagree with you just a little bit regarding the differences between the Focus speakers. To my ears, the 688 and 788 are very similar in character, with the 788 basically giving you "more" of everything the 688 does (more detail, more body, more bass extension, etc). The 888 is different in character such that it projects a *much* larger soundstage, and the details that appear within the soundstage are surprisingly rich. The similarity between all of the Focus line is the seamlessness of sound across the entire frequency range and the extended-but-incredibly-controlled high frequencies resulting from the Revelator tweeter...

Anyways, that's my opinion...

Phil
Sonic Spirits Inc
We've demonstrated at the Stereophile show together with Focus Audio and Blue Circle the last two years with pretty good results. The NSCS and the 688's are a great match (they are my top-selling pairing)...

Phil
http://www.sonicspirits.com