Focal 836w vs Aria line

Just scored a deal on some Focal 836w speakers. Going to drive to get them sometime mid week. I had the Aria monitor a while back and thought it pretty good for the money. Any insights on the sound signature of the newer Aria line vs the older 800w line? I watched a YouTube video of the Aria 936 vs the 826w. The Aria seemed much warmer and maybe muffled in comparison. Obviously a YouTube video on phone speakers is not a valid test but the difference was stark. I will be pushing with a Micromega M100. I will put the Focal against my Pioneer S-1ex and the winner will stay. I am expecting the Pioneer will easily be the winner but we shall see. Fun experiment anyway. 
mofojo
Had the Focals up and running for a few days. Great synergy with the Micromega. Super fun speakers and very well balanced IMO. Great detail as well. Voices and strings really pop. 
Yeah, if I could find a set of 836W near me, I'd probably buy them.  I heard a set of 836W in Dallas a few years ago and they just sounded great.
    For anyone else wondering about the older 800w series vs the Aria I can give some insight after a few weeks. The Arias I had liked to be set wide apart. They filled the room very well even being the 906 monitor. In comparison the Chorus 836w like to be closer together and the sound is very fast and punchy. Much more dynamic IMO (I know monitor vs floorstander). Detail retrieval is better in the Chorus w. It's a faster speaker. The Arias were more diffuse sounding in comparison. I could definitely see people prefer one over the other. The Arias are a more relaxing listen, I prefer the Chorus W. Very different voicing.
    They remind me most of the Paradigm Signatures I've had in the past from a speed and impact standpoint. I like the open mid range of the Focals better and the mid band separation seems better when things get fast. They don't hold back that's for sure but not harsh with the Micromega. I could definitely see certain amps making them bright or harsh. 
   In comparison to my Pioneer (Tads): The S-1EX is objectively a better speaker. The bass goes much lower. Mid bass is probably a bit more articulate. Layering is probably better. Maybe sounds more "high end"? For my tastes I actually prefer the midrange and dynamics of the Focal on most music. Although anymore not a huge staple in my room these days Heavy Metal actually sounds great on these. They are punchier and more fun to listen to for my tastes. I do think my room is too small for the big Pioneers so in a larger room where they could breathe the Pioneers would probably rule the day.
    So if looking for a used set of speakers for a mid size room and not wanting to break the bank I can highly recommend them.