focal 1038be or sopra 2

TRYING TO DECIDE ON THE FOCAL 1038 BE OR THE SOPRA 2  ANY COMMENTS WOULD BE APPRECIATED. THANKS
givin2u
I had the Revel F208 and M106 for a few years before I sold them. I wouldn’t say just as good.  They are very good sounding speakers for the money.  Now I have the Focal 1008BE, 1028BE and 1038BE.  The Focals are just in another league. 
I can respect the opinion. I think it just comes down to taste as the two brands are tuned a little different. The be tweeter really classes up the revels and the ceramic drivers are much different too.
No long term experience with either just demoed both and I would be happy with either. Both are light in the dee bass for me and I would add subs. 

I have 1038be, bought at the new price 8 years ago. At the time they smoked everything else in the range for balance (fat/thin), and high end clarity - the inverted be domes are great. I have owned 3 other Focal speakers, including their 2-way studio monitors which I mixed a hundred records on. So, I believe Focal engineering is high quality. I also own devialet amps, and their SAM compensation for the 1038 does indeed give it an additional octave of very smooth low end. The finishes on the 1038 look good too ... not a plastic kind of look.

I'm really having a problem with my 1038's. I find them very sharp and almost shouty. The bass is certainly not overpowering. I have the Denafrips Pontus 2 and using an audioengine streamer with an optical cable attaching it to my dac. My amp and preamp are vintage with a Sunfire TPG5 sound processor and a 5 channel Sunfire Cinema Grand signature surround amp 420watts per channel.No lack of power there.I agree with most of you that charging thousands of dollars more for the Sopra 2 is simply ridiculous. There haven't been any real changes in that speaker. Would I be correct in saying that the sopra 2's have the same W speaker cones and berillyum tweeter as the BE's?????? Art