FM radio tower near house

I live about 700 feet from a radio tower which transmits a strong oldies FM station. I can always hear the station faintly in my speakers. Nothing I have tried seems to get rid of this problem. I am using a Magnum Dynalab FT101A tuner with Sunfire Theater Grand II processor, 8TC kimber speaker cables. I would appreciate any help anyone could offer as I am fairly new to audio equipment and don't know what to try next. Thanks
tacklman

Showing 1 response by 1439bhr

A couple of other sources for help: (1) much useful practical advice can be obtained in the "Radio Amateur's Handbook" published by the American Radio Relay League, an international organization of radio amateurs (ham operators). You might try the ARRL web page. Also, if there's an amateur radio club in the area, chances are there's a ham who'd be delighted to lend a hand. Radio amateurs are required by the FCC in this country NOT to interfere with radio and TV transmissions. Plus hams have their hown WAF issue: keep from blanking out the TV at home every time they trigger their transmit switches. Ham gear is authorized up to 1 kW transmit power, so the problems induced in a house are comparable to the problems induced by the FM station a few hundred yards away. (2) as an extension have you contacted the engineer at the radio station (every station is required to have a licensed engineer)? He or she may be able to offer some more specific advice about mitigating the interference. The level of motiviation to give you heip may be high, depending on what the FCC requires the station to do relative to avoiding interference.