First Bi Amping Experience

I just puchased a pair of Legacy Signature Se speakers. Am pushing them with my Coda CSIB . I am loving them. Was reading about bi amping for a while.  Started looking for a comparable amp to run off my preamp outputs. Was not having much luck finding one in that power range that was in my current budget. Then I thought of how I run my home theater rig with a Crown pro amp. Did a little research and found the Crown XLi series of amps are a Class AB design. I got the biggest one they make and just hooked it up. I know pro equipment gets a bad rap sometimes but this really sounds good.

128x128melbay

The input on amp is set at 1.4. Output gain knobs at 100 percent. No clipping or noise. God bless John Entwistle and Stanley Clark.

Are you using a Y cable to split the pre-amp output?  Are you using any crossover before the amp?  Thanks.  

The Coda has a right and left output for the preamp. The Crown has channel 1 and channel 2 inputs. The internal crossovers in the speakers do the work acoording to   the manual.

Before the subwoofer made a difference I could notice switching it in andout of system, Now it is not noticble at all. This amp is putting out 1350 watts max vs the Coda at 800 watts. I did no calibration yet. The bass does not seem to be ovepowering mids and highs. Like I say, these speakers are new to me and are not really broken in yet. I have been listening to the same music for years and now am hearing things in songs I never heard before. That may just be due to the higher quality of the speakers. I just concentrating on rock songs with great bass players right now.