Finish Quality of Von Schweikert VR4jr's

I have a system consisting of an EAD Ultradisc as transport, a Benchmark DAC, an ARC LS-15 preamp, Gamut D200 amp and VR4jr speakers, and find I am hearing some "grunge", for a lack of a better word, in the leading edge of vocals. There seems to be an edge to the sound, not a sweetnes , and I am seeking some ideas of what I might change to rid the system of the sound.
I realize the description is a bit week, but all comments will be appreciated.
Carl
brrgrr
Sorry...A screwed up header. I've reposted the question with a correct one, but can't delete this .
Carl
What's your back tweeter positioned at?
Usually, 3.5 to 4 works best with the speakers positioned about 3' away from the front wall. You have to find the best setting that works in your room.
Brrgrr, I have heard the jr's multiple times in the past including recently at the 2005 HE show with the DK hybrid integrated and found the dynamics and staging/imaging one of the best at the show. However, there was "grunge", as you put it, to the high frequences that tired me after about 1/2 hour. I originally thought it was due to the DK but now I think it's due to the jr's. I have heard similar problem before. But it can be due to many things such as poor AC or your DAC. The Gamut amp is unlikely the culprit. First try turning off the ambience tweeter if possible - you can fine tune later. If this doesn't work, try balanced interconnects - I believe the Benchmark and Gamut are balanced designs. If this doesn't work, try a passive line conditioner - some manufacturers or dealers such as audioadvisor.com and amusicdirect.com offer free in-home trial. Or lastly your DAC may be the problem in which case you may need to get another digital source or mod it hoping it will get rid of the problem.
I sold my EAD Ultradisc 2000 and purchased a SimAudio Eclipse - All the harshness, grittiness of my CDs vanished-A huge, discernable difference in sound -Currently have a Moon LE player -again top quality with terrific sound - The VR4JRs will reveal everything in your system so this is the first place I would start - also reduce your ambient tweeter setting should help(I keep mine barely on) Signal Cable Silver Resolution sounds great with the VR4JRs-I use it extensively-I think the player change would make the biggest improvement, however...MHO PS Im not dissing EAD -check my "system"!