Finding ultra-pure water locally...

I've been reading up on record cleaning, and there seems to be something of a consensus that rinsing with ultra pure water / lab-grade water / triple distilled water (I'm assuming these are just different names for essentially the same thing?) helps. Where does one buy such water locally? I would imagine paying postage to ship 10 lbs of water would be rather high. I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area. Tks!

John
john_adams_sunnyvale

Showing 1 response by musky1963

I have a 180 gallon saltwater aquarium with a 55g sump and had to purchase an RO/DI unit due to well water. They are not expensive. I think mine was less than $150 for a 75 gallon-per-day. I need to add nearly 2 gallons a day due to evaporation and I do a 35 gallon water change monthly. Remember, it takes about 4 gallons to make 1 gallon of filtered water. I have the "waste water" going to my washing machine. Do not store in any ole plastic jug. Glass or a #6 plastic container will not leech. Not a bad idea to own a unit for drinking and getting out all of that garbage that they treat with. You should only drink "RO" and not "RO/DI". Most units have simple valves for using either/both. That will be the day that I pay(get ripped-off) for water!