Final Retirement Amplifier-Class A-Upcoming Gryphon Essence Stereo vs Accuphase A75

Thinking about one last major amplification upgrade. Specifically looking at the upcoming Gryphon Essence vs Accuphase A-75 class A amplifiers. 
I realize that the Gryphon Essence has not been released yet, but it is said to sound similar, albeit less powerful, to other more expensive Gryphon class A models. So, it is more a question of the sonic differences of Accuphase vs Gryphon class A amplifiers.  I’d kindly appreciate all opinions. Thank you!
audiobrian

Showing 1 response by apdoc2004

Hi Audiobrian,
I have both Gryphon (Diablo 300) and Accuphase A70 ( very similar to the recently released A75). Both are absolutely sensational amps. If you ask me to pick a difference, I would say the Accuphase sounds a little smoother and refined in the highs and the Gryphon is more muscular/ballsy especially in the bass. This difference is not pronounced. I will tell you that the Accuphase A70 at used prices (about 9000 to 10000 dollars) is a fantastic value. For the difference in the price between a used Accuphase A70 and a new Gryphon Essence, you can buy a world class preamp (I use an Ayre KXR 20).
Anshul