Favorite obsolete formats.....

What are your favorite of these? I’m unsure if any stations broadcast in AM stereo nowadays. 8 track, Mini-disk, Cassette, VHS, CED, Beta, DAT, Reel to Reel, Am Stereo, Laserdisc, Quadraphonic, Dolby FM. Surely many formats have been overlooked.
128x128wturkey

Showing 1 response by bob540

I still listen a lot to FM radio at home, as there are two local stations that have a good mix of their chosen genres (old time rock, old time country).  In the car, it’s hard rock mostly.

As for other formats, I don’t use them but keep the old equipment for sentimental reasons.  I have two Sony VCRs that still work and a Technics cassette deck that works fine.

A few months ago, I considered, then declined, purchase of a 40+ year old Teac reel-to-reel.  The price was fine, but it would need to be gone over by a technician, which again could be an acceptable expense if I had tapes to play on it. I have fond memories of a Sony R2R I had during the 1970’s, but today there really isn’t need to record music on one when I can burn CD’s.  Purchasing pre-recorded tapes for the big money they go for — no thank you.  But R2R looks cool as well as being the best way to enjoy taped music.