Favorite Designer

I have noticed, reading the threads, that a lot of people are familiar with who designs what equipment. This is an area I am lost in and I am curious in your opinions. Who is your favorite designer? What did they design and most importantly why do you like that paticular designer?
perfectimage
Richard E. Lord (REL) Subwoofers; Michael "Creek" great budget equipment; Mike Vansevers (AC power conditioiners and cords); Dr. William "Conrad" and Dr. Lewis "Johnson"; Stan Warren (modifying other's equipment brands).
I must vote for Steve McCormack here! Just for starters, he pioneered the Mod Squad TipToes which have now assumed many variations / incantations from myriad manufacturers. Has built too many components to even mention; designed musically & affordably. Fantastic customer support & advice.
Ralph Karsten @ Atma-Sphere, someday the rest will catch up and Roger West @ Soundlab.
Primarily my vote goes for the people at Apogee. We all know how the speakers sound, but they also have a pair on display at a museum. People on the outside of this little world have recognized their brilliance as well. Second vote is for George Melior. He is a very original thinker.