Favorite CD treatment Products

Has anyone out there tried/compared CD treatment products such as the Auric Illuminator or Essence of Music treatment? Any preferences or comments on these products?
lubachl

Showing 9 responses by pc123v

Essence of Music Kit sounds very interesting. I am most interested in 2 areas...1)Fullness(body) of voice and acoustic instruments. 2)Grainy and gritty top end (to me...most noticeable on female vocals.

Was there improvement after treatment in the above-mentioned areas? Thanks!
@Bluenose...Thanks for taking the time to respond. I haven't bought it yet...though I am extremely tempted to. The main thing that is holding me back at the moment is...My system is tilted to the top. Fullness and depth are 2 attributes I am seeking...however...I am trying to avoid adding more HF energy/extension to the overall presentation. I realize it's system dependent...but did you notice more HF energy/extension after treatment? Did SQ get crisper or sharper?

Many Thanks!
@Abucktwoeighty...Hello. Would appreciate it very much if you would be so kind as to give some feedback too on the Essence of Music kit. I'll ask the same question that I asked Bluenose...

"My system is tilted to the top. Fullness and depth are 2 attributes I am seeking...however...I am trying to avoid adding more HF energy/extension to the overall presentation. I realize it's system dependent...but did you notice more HF energy/extension after treatment? Did SQ get crisper/sharper?"

Thanks!
@Bluenose & Abucktwoeight...Thank you guys so much for your help in taking the time to explain. Really appreciate it.
Question for all essence of music cd treatment kit....after treatment ... Almost all my CDs have countless "scratches". Treated some brand new CDs so I am sure it wasn't there before treatment. Care to check yours under a bright light to see if you are getting the same thing? Micro Fiber cloth brand new out of the box...so it can't be it. Btw...Anyone tried treating a cd twice? Any "improvement" over 1st treatment? Thanks.
Thanks guys...I thought I was doing something wrong.

NB...Unless I totally missed it...NONE of the professional reviewers...from Dagogo and Audiophilia made a mention of this problem. No way they could have missed it. I have treated 25 CDs so far...all of them are scratched. My cdp won't read one of them any longer.
@Geoffkait. Thanks for the tip. May I know where can one purchase sterile cotton cloth from?
I can't imagine Essence of Music (using supplied) cloth NOT causing scratches. I run ALL CDs I have cleaned with EOM so far with a very mild concoction of dishwashing liquid and water first...and then air dry...to make sure it's totally dust and "sand" free. I believe the 2nd "wiping" of the process causes most of the scratches. I don't see how those reviewers...ie....Jack Roberts from Dagogo and Roy Harris from Audiophilla could not have noticed the scratches that where caused. Surely they must have inspected each CD after it was cleaned.

If they only reported what they noticed...maybe we would all have been spared of having our prized CDs scratched. Maybe EOM would have no choice but to find an alterntive "non scratching" cloth.