External DAC connection for Bluesound Node 2i (after "Another streaming newbie" thread)

Guys, just following recent topic raised by chuckccs, I found myself in similar situation because I was comparing Bluesound Node 2i sound via its analogue RCA output with its sound via external DAC (M2Tech Young DSD with external power supply). Difference was really marginal, especially taking into account additional cost of external gear (DAC, cable, PS). I connected Node to DAC via coaxial output, however not tried the optical connection. 
From those who got substantially better sound from Node 2i via external DAC I would like to ask which connection they used (coaxial or optical) and which cable they recommend, maybe also which DAC they used too. Thank you!
apanhc
Audio Advisor is advertising a new version of the Node, you may want to check that out, same price.
Been reading a bit about the Auralic Aries Mini - seems to be similar to the
Node/Node 2 with no internal DAC. Anyone have experience with this piece? 
I just bought the Node 2i to replace my Audioengine B1 Bluetooth receiver and am blown away by the increase in sound quality. I am streaming Tidal Hifi into my Rogue Cronus Magnum and Totem Hawk Speakers and am currently using the Node 2i’s built in DAC. Now I am wondering if I can make another incremental increase in SQ by purchasing an external DAC in the the $500 range. I’d be willing to buy used. Any recommendations?
I use a MDHT Orchid with my Node 2i. If you can save a little more, they can be found used for about $900. Also, many here like the Topping and Schiit DACs which are within your budget.