Excellent Solid State or Hybrid Monoblocks Recommendations

I am interested in staying under 15k for a pair of high performing monoblocks, sold state or hybrid, to acquire. 

My current system is an Aric Audio Motherlode preamp, a Space-Tech super tube rectifier, Teac NT-505 modded dac, outboard clock, Aerial Acoustic 7T modded speakers, ENIGMAcoustics Sopranino supertweeters, Grover Huffman Pharoah biwire speaker cables, Zavfino Silver Dart interconnects, Melco 6TB server, Melco CD transport, Waversa Reference USB filter between the cd transport and server, Waversa Reference LAN filter, Synergistic Research active grounding block, and Synergistic Research Ethernet Switch UEF.

My modded JC1 monoblocks sound heavenly.  However, I am having issues with no sound coming out of 1 channel.  My modded PassLab X250.5 amps sound really good but lack the top end sparkle, air and litheness of the Parasounds JC1s.   I am gonna fire back up my Canary CA-160 modded tube monoblocks but am not wild about the tube maintenance requirements.

So, I seek another pair of monoblocks that excel in clarity, balance across the frequency spectrum but also present upper registers with delicacy, spaciousness, and nice instrument separation.  I am looking at Audio Van Alstine 750 wpc monoblocks and the Thrax black monoblocks up for sale here on Audiogon.  Other suggestions? 

Thanks in advance.

128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xjaymark

@jaymark Since we have a few common amps, Ric’s modded GAN amp(s) and the CODA #16 let me add my 2 cents. The CODA S5.5 amp is supposed to be a bit like the #16 but supposedly a bit better on top (maybe less warmth). I have not heard it yet, but I am intrigued because I want something a tiny bit less warm than the #16 for my Livingroom. I am looking at monos since I want a bit of power, though I do not think these are true monos.

Another amp that I am giving a lot of consideration too (the leading contender) is the new SimAudio 761 North Collection. This is a stereo amp but is reportedly better sounding as monos. It is a more neutral sounding amp.

I just learned from another thread that KRELL is coming out with upgraded Duo amps. I love the Duo amps and these upgrades are likely trickle down from the top end KSA i400. Supposed to be around June timeframe (just a rumor from me).

I am going to demo this stuff in the summer.

@ yyzsantabarbara I sold my Coda #16 amp last year.  My modded LSA Voyager GAN amp is worth a lot more to me than I could ever get for it by selling it.  Class D has come a long damn ways.  I suspect that the gan fet is a chunk of this progress assuming it is well implemented.  I am gonna pick up some class D monoblocks in the near future.....

I too have a pair of BHK 300 monos powering my Kef Ref 5's.  Front end is a DCS Bartok. I haven't got round to tube rolling yet but one day .... 

What I can say is I push my system very loud at times and it just keeps on giving. The amps barley get warm. They seem to have so much left in reserve. You can switch them into 'standby' which turns off the tube input stage but maintains power to the electrictronic circuits. All I can say is I am very happy with them

@jaymark 

I thought you had a moded Voyager. Many times the itch for something else doesn't pay dividends you hoped for

Do you have all you cable connections treated with something like Mad Scientist Graphene Oxide Enhancer. It is jaw dropping. I did one component at a time starting with my transport. It was incredibly obvious, but I persevered staying with one component at a time. Each time the sound got better and better

hth