EverSolo Streamer

I am enjoying the newly released EverSolo Streamer, which I received at the front door a few hours ago.

First, may I recommend Amir at SummitHiFi out of Toronto Canada. Exceptional service experience. I called Amir a few hours ago to check on status. He told me to check at the door and there it was! His site is SummitHifi-USA.com.

Setup was easy. Just follow the prompts on the touchscreen then scan the code and download the app. No remote is included, as one’s phone / iPad becomes the remote. 

Connected to DAC via CParry’s SPDIF Coax BlackCat SilverStar 75.

The app is simplicity itself to navigate. Qobuz accomodated beautifully.

First recording selected; Charles Mingus; Changes: The Complete1970s Atlantic Studios Recordings;Hi-Res 24/96 I believe.

I am not really a Charles Mingus superfan, but I found myself enjoying several tracks.

The thought that comes to mind is, why did I wait so long to get a streamer? No more laptop connected via USB..Yippee! As William Mel Gibson Wallace blurted out as his entrails were torn out on a public torture rack by the wretched Norman English warlords (kidding); Freedom!!

The unit I ordered is the limited Master Edition. Adorned with gold accents, the Chinese marketing announces with great fanfare, ‘Highlight The Dignity!’ Well as I advance in years I felt I could use a way to highlight my dignity : ) The price for this model is $1,299 (if memory serves). I certainly would not pay an extra $450 for some gold accents, but for that modest increase one gets two Femto clocks (regular not Femto), as well as upgraded audio opamps. The sound is stellar. A very marked improvement over my laptop connected via USB.

I plan to wile away this Friday evening enjoying this small yet lovely streamer.

4afsanakhan

Great insight oddiofyi. I would expect the Aurender N200 to be that bit more capable at the $6300 price tag, which is more than 7x the price of the EverSolo DMP-A6.

I did try the full decoder / renderer MQA on Tidal for some tracks. I used the internal DAC on the EverSolo. Sound was good. Listening to the same on Qobuz on EverSolo feeding my outboard DAC which does not do MQA, I still much preferred the sound of the latter, despite no MQA.

As a streamer though, the EverSolo is marvelous. As the source, feeding my DAC then into the Devialet Expert Pro 220, the sound is far better than my laptop. It is also beautifully built and very functionally well equipped for a top tier audio system. At $850, this unit could ‘steal’ the market in general. Many ordinary ‘cloth-ear muggles’ (non-audiophile folk) simply can’t afford or see no purpose in uber pricey streamers such as Aurender N200.  Audio ‘wizarding’ folk look at things differently. Our golden-ear concept of value is more developed, so small changes are magnified and worth 7x more ; ).

The A6 is well worth the price, absolutely,  no doubt . Nice machine 

The Aurender ?   Yes , it also was worth the price.   That's because I traded a piece I no longer needed plus $800 cash.... for a new in the box unit.

I probably would never have just spent MSRP on something like that.  .  I got a good deal and looking back I would have been foolish to pass on it.   It is substantially better than the Vault it replaced.  

Yes, it is relative to what one can afford. Congrats on the Aurender too. No doubt it’s excellent. The EverSolo DMP-A6 performs exceedingly well for its price and to be honest I believe it will be the sort of streamer most people will ever need. The Aurender is beyond many folks means. I would suggest that with the advent of value / performance products like the EverSolo DMP-A6, the Aurender N200 becomes more of a niche product for the ‘audio connoisseur’. Given such worthy competition at much more affordable price, a company like Aurender might be well served to think about a more affordable product in their line.