Ethernet Cables, do they make a difference?

I stream music via TIDAL and the only cable in my system that is not an "Audiophile" cable is the one going from my Gateway to my PC, it is a CAT6 cable. Question is, do "Audiophile" Ethernet cables make any difference/ improvement in sound quality?

Any and all feedback is most appreciated, especially if you noted improvements in your streaming audio SQ with a High-End Ethernet cable.

Thanks!
grm
grm
Post removed 
Let’s try to focus for a second. There are many things that can go wrong with any audio test, even or perhaps especially blind tests. Failure to acknowledge that things can go wrong is an indication of the naive nature of blind test proponents. OK, so what can go wrong? Why do I say, “no test that has negative results means anything?”

Things that can go wrong

1. The system used for the test is not sufficiently resolving to distinguish differences that might be audible on a better system.

2. There are mistakes in the system that were not found even if there was a search for mistakes or errors. Saying that the test procedures are thorough doesn’t necessarily mean they really are thorough.

3. The hearing capability of the testee is not up to the task.

4. For a blind test involving many trials, say 10 or more, the odds are high that the testee doesn’t have the focus or strength to dinstinguish audible differences for periods of time without tiring. You can’t just say oh, well, that’s the way it goes.

5. System issues that go undetected due to naïveté of those involved in the test. Directionality of Fuses, directionality of cables, Polarity check of all connections, etc.

6. Using unfamiliar music for the test.

7. Using a test system unfamiliar to the testee.

8. Weather and other “external variables” that affect the sound of any system that could make hearing subtle differences in sound difficult or impossible.

What if results are positive?

If the results of a test are positive I would probably say the test was a success and the results were positive IN SPITE OF ALL THE THINGS THAT COULD HAVE GONE WRONG.

@geoffkait

Your previous (05-04-2018 8:33am) response is well stated, genuine and therefore worthy of a meaningful response on my part.

While the points you have stated are certainly valid considerations, there is no obligation to prove anything or subject oneself to any kind of test. The blind test I’ve been advocating will always include some degree of *chance*. Everything involves chance. There is a chance you wouldn’t wake up tomorrow because "tomorrow" isn’t guaranteed to anyone.

Each person has a different "tolerance" of chance that he/she is willing to take. This is why the terms of the test must be *mutually agreed and then bound contractually* to the satisfaction of both parties. Otherwise, no test. Simple.
gdhal
 This is why the terms of the test must be *mutually agreed and then bound contractually* to the satisfaction of both parties. Otherwise, no test. Simple.
Scientists who conduct listening tests don't require $25,000 "escrows" from participants and contracts drafted by attorneys, so it's pretty obvious that you're still pursuing your rigged test, which is a ruse, a con. And it comes from a guy who repeatedly tells others they should be "honest" with themselves. Simple.
Post removed