Equalizer in a Hi Fi system

Just curious to hear everyone’s opinions on using an equalizer in a high end hi fi system. Was at work tonight and killing time and came across a Schitt Loki max $1500 Equalizer with some very good reviews. What are some of the pros / Benefits and cons in using one. Just curious. BTW. I’m talking about a top of the line. Hi end equalizer. Mostly to calm some high frequencies and some bad recordings. 

128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xtattooedtrackman

Showing 4 responses by jacobsdad2000

We’ll done equipment/room matching and treatments should eliminate the need for equalization or other electronic tomfoolery. However if you so desire then go nuts, and fiddle to your hearts content. Firm believer in system and room matching and that HT has no place in my home at all. 

Had my post deleted ok Dude!  Looks like your conversation is very one dimensional, you.

Enjoy it. 

Maybe one of the best lines in this thread.

I feel once playing with hi fi gear that there’s more “bang for the buck “ exploring best EQ solutions as opposed to continually upgrading equipment in the chain.

And this is a gem too. yes I have.

Room acoustics are very important and most rooms require some sort of management depending on the type of speaker used.

Room control is a misnomer. It is really speaker control. It repairs and adjusts things that are totally immune to room management like group delays and the variations in frequency response between the two channels. Then there is making the system sound the way you want it to.

@tlcocks why do you say not t@stonyb3165 said? 
His opinion and have you any experience with said device?