EQ before Preamp?

I am switching my preamp from a Parasound P3 to a Jungson model that does not have a processor/tape loop like the Parasound does. What will happen when I use this signal path: Linn Kremlin > Behringer 2496 EQ > Jungson Preamp > Power Amp.
joeylawn36111

Showing 4 responses by joeylawn36111

I prefer the sound of an EQ.

Thanks for the responses. In this system I will be using one source (Linn Kremlin Tuner).
OK, so I think I will go this way:

Tuner > Preamp > Behringer EQ > Power Amp.

So should that be ok? It helps because the Preamp output>Behringer Input and output/Power Amp imput path all use Balanced connectors.
Umm, Eldartford used to design electronics for nuclear submarines or something like that - he knows his stuff.

Also, I would like to get back on topic here. The Components again are as follows: Linn Kremlin Tuner, Jungson JA1 Preamp, Behringer 2496 EQ, Monster MPA-2250. Those components are 'set in stone' - I just wanna know if there is any MAJOR problems (like overloading circuits - like when you plug a line level device into a phono input-a big no-no). Will, for instance the pre-amp signal 'clip' if I insert the EQ between the preamp and power amp?

***PART 2 - UPDATE - Additional related Question***

For the Subwoofer. The Jungson doesn't have a second line out. My sub is an (Active) Super Nova. The way I plan to hook that up is take a second set of speaker wires from the amp outputs to the speaker-level inputs of the Sub. Is this right?