Electrocompaniet EMC-l or Meridial 508-2

What is the best CD player for Redbook cd's between the Meridian 508.24 and the Electrocompaniet EMC-l?
rivercitylad
prefer the electrocompaniet but listen to the cary 303 and the resolution audio 55 as well. Fantastic players all of them
I don't think that Meridian 508.24 is even close.Anybody have an idea when that upsampling upgrade will be available for the EMC-1.
I'd just like to add as a helpful tip that the prior models will accept the new upsampling upgrade. Considering the prices I've seen on these units here on Audiogon, you could have youself one hell of a player for little money compared to what you'd have to spend to get better.
Good luck!
I've heard both players side-by-side and the EMC-1 gets my vote. The makers of Meridian approaches sound in a very clinical way (digital) whereas, the EMC-1 is so analog sounding (music separation is good, super mids, and very musical).
Currently, I'd have to say the Electrocompaniet. But wait until the revised model is available. It offers upsampling that is incredible and puts it in a league of its own. Highly recommended!