Electrocompaniet AW300M or AW800M versus McIntosh 1.25KW?

I currently own a pair of MC1.25KW monoblocks and have enjoyed them. However recently had the opportunity to audition a pair of Electrocompaniet’s newest AW300M monoblocks in my system. I found them to be quite different in sound from the big Mc’s. They are definitely more forward sounding and seem to be more detailed and cleaner sounding. Definitely not the McIntosh house sound.The dealer doesn’t have a Pair of the big brother AW800M’s to audition. Any knowledge or experience with these MonoBlocks. Never heard of them until recently. Anyone else had a chance comparing them to McIntosh?

usherzaleg

If the sound is in your face, you will definitely tire of them quickly.   I would try out the smaller amp with your system to see over a couple of days, you really like it. 

Yes I plan on listening to them over the weekend. I didn’t mean they were forward and in my face. Just not as laid back as my current amps. Kinda like current amps are somewhat veiled compared to the electrocompaniet. Will give it another day on to see how they sound after running for a full 24 hours. 

Did the dealer explain to you that the AW800m can also be used as a stereo power amp, and that the AW300m's are effectively a mono block version of the the AW800 when in stereo power amp configuration.

I am currently trying some AW180m's and I'm so impressed by them that after speaking to the dealer and doing some research I have ordered some AW400m's.