EL34 Integrated

I am in need of a bargain integrated with el34 for my bedroom system to be used with Merlin tsm-mm. Name isn't a factor. Thanks in advance.
jamesw20
How about a classic Marrantz receiver. Should be simple and very nice match for the Merlins? Just a thought...
I've seen the Sophia Electric EL-34 sell for some pretty low prices here on Audiogon ($500's). It runs about 30 watts and is very sweet and musical.
I would suggest an Onix/Melody SP3 integrated amp. It has 38 watts per channel, Huge Trannies, 2 inputs, uses 4 5881 tubes, and it sounds wonderful. Check it out on www.av123.com. Look at the reviews. You may find something of interest. I have not had this amp IMO system yet but I will soon. I have two friends locally that do have them and I can say it sounds very interesting.

Also understand that tube amps do not have the control in the bottom end that solid state amps have. I was once told by an old audio guy to, "buy an amp with as much metal as you can get. The bigger the transformers the better the sound." I think he may be on to something.

Also check this site for the SP3 too. The prices are coming down on these lately. Not a bad thing just lots of them for sale. I assure you that the prices won't stay low for long. This integrated amp is built better than some amps costing 3 to 4 times as much.
no brainer-
shanling 35 watt integrated.

good out of the box.

roll the tubes (not a big deal) and your really sweet.

additional mods available for down the road upgrades.

I have one in my office driving a set of proac 2.5's.

very, very pleasing, if not the final word in accuracy & resolution. OTH - can listen to the rig for hours w/ a smile on my face.

best regards - good luck.

http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue15/shanling.htm