Effect of Internet Service Quality on Streaming?

I’ve struggled for a long time with sound getting much, much worse around dinner time, and in some rare cases I don’t get depth, clarity, dynamics and imaging back until around midnight. Like many people I’ve attributed this to noise on my AC lines. But recently I’ve been wondering if maybe internet service quality is at least contributing to the issue in some manner. When I run tests it appears that speed, jitter, and latency are all higher at times when the sound is poor. That got me wondering if anyone knows whether one type of internet service is better than another for HiFi streaming? For example, is ADSL or DSL better, or does it matter? And what about speed? Particularly interested in anyone who has real world experiences from experimenting in this area…
nyev

@nyev absolute killer of a system there dude!
Have you added any acoustic treatments as well?

I’ll just add this for 💩 s and goggles…
I’ve recently compared, once again, CD vs streaming (yes I can’t be helped lol) and throughout the course of this adventure the sound quality definitely goes up late at night for CD and streaming. It’s been the case for me for years, even way before streaming was a thing. But as everyone else here I’m super curious to see you get out of this pickle and tell us how.

Does the issue occur with vinyl or just digital.

Do you have a CD player to try?

You should have a dedicated modem and a dedicated router.  A duel use modem/router is not as good.

You should have a filter at your data demarcation powering your modem, router and switch.

A significant amount of RF penetrates through the equipment chassis itself.  A significant amount enters through vinyl.

Neither of these paths can be managed with a power line filter.  Its up to the manufacturer of the equipment to create a power supply that filters the RF before penetrating the power supply.  But, a over filtered power supply can sound flat and lifeless.  This is especially true with a phono preamp.

I tried the puritan ground box.  It did nothing in my system.  But the dealer that sent it to me doesn't even use it.  He uses CAD.  What I am saying is a good ground box may help.  But your going to need at least 2.  One for chassis and one for signal.  Then you need a bunch of cables.  A good ground box solution is generally around $7k to $15K in equipment.

Erik, I note your comment that you can increase the buffer size for Roon.  Can you point me in that direction?  I had lots of issues with HiRes over a mesh network. The system is now wired but I still occasionally have stoppages that i suspect are related to buffering.    Thanks, Mike

Linear power supplies on router, as well as your switch 

jcat Ethernet reference Ethernet cables more natural then the AQ Diamond 

i own one put the Jcat as your end point , and digital power cords which have extra screening .