Ebay selling my missing amplifier

8 months ago I sent an amplifier to europe for upgrades. The amp went missing and there were investigations that went unresolved. I happened to be searching on ebay and noticed the amp and when I magnified it Bingo the serial number was same. It is an ebay seller store that is listing it. Ebay has not yet responded after several attempts. What next?

128x128snook2

"There seems to be a lot of hate for the OP here.  Not sure why the victim is being blamed."

A lot of 'hate'?? I see none of that. Don't see any victim blaming either. What I see is a lot of unanswered questions and confusion trying to get some straight answers.

@thecarpathian

Right you are. I stand corrected. 

Thank you for stepping in and sorting this thread out. 

“Tammy” could really learn a thing or two from this fella on how to moderate a thread. 

Back to shipping most packages get lost for two reasons. One, the package gets damaged. But mostly because the label gets ripped off or damaged and they can’t find a return or delivery address. Always include a second copy of your return address and where it’s going to, inside box or package. When lost or damaged the package goes to a clerk who’s job it is to find the original shipper or it’s destination. Without something to work with a telephone # name or address they go into limbo. labels that are held on by tape get caught on the belts or other packages and get pulled off. Always put a second shipping label in the box, this usually solves the problem. U.P.S. retired

We are all apparently finding something of interest in this thread. Some are interested in how lost package claims are handled and some are interested in how rough package handlers are (My local UPS guys knows me well and we usually chat a bit - he does not seem to be as beholden to the clock as he is expected to be. But he handles my stuff with care).

I am particularly interested myself in how one might resolve the discovery of a stolen item on eBay and how this will work out. I have looked before for items stolen from my family (ancient guns, and swords from the Genghis Khan era) and never found them but I would sure like to know I would have a fighting chance to get them back.

For our stolen things we got insurance payments - I assume we would have to return that money, although it was quite inadequate.

I sure hope we do get an update on how the OP, the KCPD, and eBay work things out.

Here’s my advice. Remove ALL reference to the make model and eBay listing. You should really consider removing this post entirely. If the seller gets wind of it poof. If it left your state, you should have contacted the FBI. This is a major grand larceny offense. Here’s the other issue, how did the seller  take ownership?  If so, who actually stole it?  This person may have purchased it not knowing the unit was stolen. The FBI or police will need to get to the bottom of it. Lastly, next time you think of sending such an expensive item overseas or even within the US, do NOT send it by UPS or FedEx. At minimum, use DHL or a proper international freight company and through a freight forwarder. I can’t believe UPS insures items that cost $50k. Best of luck and eBay is not that difficult to reach by phone. I’ve dealt with them but long ago. Amazon the same.