EAT E-Glo Petite Hybrid phono stage

I’m considering upgrading my PS Audio Nuwave phono stage and the EAT was recommended by a dealer I’ve purchased from in the past. Has anyone compared or own the EAT E-Glo series phono stages. The Petite is definitely affordable at $1495.00 but will it make enough of an improvement over what I currently have?  

I’m using a new Zephyr MIMC Star cart on an Acoustic Solid TT with an Audion 300b Special Edition Integrated amp into Zu Soul Superfly speakers. 

Thanks,
Rick

128x128rickraymond59

Showing 1 response by zmann007

Based in part on the great insights offered up in this thread (and my fondness for my E.A.T. C Sharp with a Clearaudio Maestro ebony MM), I’m leaning hard in the direction of a Petit (with Sbooster and maybe some rolling down the road). Out of curiosity (and in the same proice range), does anyone have experience in comparing the E-Glo Petit to a Sutherland Insight with linear power? I would be running one or the other through a (new to me) PrimalLuna EVO 400 power amp and pre; my speakers are Dali Euphonia MS4s with (mostly) Acoustic Zen interconnects & power line; also added a REL S/812 sub last year. I’m already pretty close to maxed out in terms of the cash I can pitch at the system right now, but suspect the Sutherland KC Vibe Mk2 that I’ve got on order may be a bit underwhelming when run through the top-line Prima gear. Any thoughts specifically between the more midrange Sutherland and the Petit? Or is the basic Sutherland an appropriate match to get me started with the tube side of things?  Tempting though it may be going further up the line in either E.A.T. or Sutherland is not in the (rapidly melting credit) cards right now.