Ears hurt when listening after changing speakers

For years I had multiple models of Maggies and Martin Logan speakers. I could play them very loud with no problems with my ears. A few months ago I purchased the Rockport Aviors and now when I listen at moderate to high levels my ears start to hurt.  Anyone one else experience this when changing speakers and would like thoughts on how to resolve other than turning the volume down.  I do love the Rockport.
128x128lourdes
I liked the suggestion that the different way a panel speaker loads a room vs a conventional box speaker has the owner listening at higher spl.
@asvjerry No kidding. The worst thing an audience member can do for me is that dang whistle. As well as being deafening, there are catelogs of ruined live recordings sometimes all due to one guy who won't shut up.
I am afraid you need to play with speakers positions, if you put them in same place as the others ? Remember every speaker sounds different, I’ll  also try to set them straight not point to you listening position, good luck 
It might sound silly to someone, but I have a reason to believe that I developed my tinnitus (ringing in the ear) shortly after I purchased my B&W 685 a few years ago.
I found that they had dip at around 3 kHz and I was listening to them with too much attention. Closer, fartehr away, toed-in, quite revealing `and strangely accentuating beats, cracking sounds, choire singing I used to listen, despite at low volume, too close trying to understand if that is comming from the tweeter, the midbass or the port.

After a while and night of sore throat and nose I woke up with a ringing in my ear that never stopped. The audiogram shows -10 db sensitivity drop at ~3kHz. My ears were trying to compensate for the dip probably.
It’s just my theory, I might be dead wrong, but I’m suspicious as my previous speakers used to have much more prominent upper mids. I used to have them for 30 years :)

Anyone else noticed something similar?
Not hearing what source components you are using? 

Sometimes changing your dac can be just the right move in retuning a system and gainging musicality.

A very fluid dac like the Aqua Formula XHD with a really good streamer might be just the ticket.

In the case of a turntable you may need to swtich cart or phono stage.

Other things which affect a system to remove grunge obviously power conditoning and power cables, Do you run your Pass amps into the wall or into a conditioner?

The NCF boosters add a beautiful warmth to a system as well.

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ