EAR Acute Classic - has anyone heard or tried it

EAR just released a new cd/dac single unit: the EAR Acute Classic  http://www.earyoshino.com/Acute-CD-Player/

Has anyone heard it or tried it?  I previously had the EAR Acute 3 but sold it a few months ago.  I really loved it but thought the DAC portion could have been better, but it was a little dated (came out about 5 years ago).  I'm really interested in this unit and would appreciate if anyone can offer any feedback on it.  I don't have a local dealer near me so am reaching out to others who may have more experience with it.
djfst

Showing 1 response by fischer3966

Samhifi,

the dealer I work with just go the Dac 4 and is running pcm, hi res, and dsd files through it.  He will be getting the acute 4 cd sacd transport as well.  Let me know if you want his info and he can give you his feedback.  He is a super nice guy, honest, and great to work with.  Just send me a personal message.  I'm assuming you are in the United States?  But maybe not.

i had the acute 3 as well but sold it.  I am looking to get the acute classic since I'm not in need of dsd.