EAR 324 vs Einstein The Turntable Choice

I'm using the EAR 324 right now to much delight - definitely a class above the Pass Xono but I'm wondering if anyone has tried the Einstein as well in order to make a comparison. Comments are as usual greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
shsohis

Showing 5 responses by shsohis

I'm all for a neutral kind sound - I read from reviews that the Einstein has often been compared to tube-y. Wonder how tur that will be.
That I didn't try though. Another irksome thing is the great amount of heat generated with the set on standby all the time.
I finally have the choice to audition the Einstein (unbalanced unit) against the EAR 324 on my system. No contest - The EAR wins hand-down. It makes the Einstein sound flat and CD-like. The conclusion - the kind which is TOO obvious - came in just 10 secs playing the same track on the EAR after the Einstein.

I would say the Einstein has a similar sound to the Ray Samuels F117 Nighthawk.

**I did not leave the Einstein on standby for 24 hours before auditioning. I'm not sure if doing it will help but I doubt it - The performance gap is just too big.
Wow I didn't expect the thread to be alive after 2 years. And yes, I have settled with the Einstein. Thanks for the inputs!
To me, the Einstein appears to be non-existent in my setup. That's how good it is.