E V Patricians-- JBL Hartsfields- Your choice

In the mid 50's I heard both systems. The Patrician was full sounding and euphonic. The Hartsfield was punchy and bright- seemed to lack bass. Both were K horn designs but I opted for the Patricians.

I used them until I heard a QLS about 25 years ago. Now I listen to a home brew line source that is satisfying.

I guess anyone that has either of the above mentioned speakers probably can't hear above 10K HZ but what the heck.

I just bought a JBL 375 driver, six JBL LE 15 A woofers and as pair of 075 tweeters.

It's time to build an experimental speaker!

If you are listening to a JBL system that uses the afore mentioned drivers, I'd like your thoughts.

Ken
kftool

Showing 1 response by jw5115

THE CUURENT AND ORIGINAL EVEREST IS NOT A TRUE HORN SPKR AS IT ONLY USES A HORN FOR THE MIDS AND THE SUPER TWEETER. ONLY 96db WITH 2-15'S LOOKING RIGHT AT YOU. AUDITIONED @RMAF09 IN THE KIMBER ROOM AND @RMAF IN A SLEEPING ROOM.IT WAS POWERED BY ML IN BOTH.THE SONY SPKRS IN THE KIMBER ROOM WERE MUCH BETTER THAN THE PRESENTATION BY HARMON. AS TO YOUR ORIGINAL QUESTION OF WHAT TO DO WITH THE S-8 SYSTEM YOU JUST PURCHASED!!! SELL IT ON EBAY IT'S WORTH A LOT MORE THAN WHAT YOU WILL GET OF SONIC BLISS.THE ALNICO MOTORS HAVE LOST 25-30% OF THEIR CHARGE AND WILL SOUND QUITE ANEMIC. I CAN GO ON ABOUT EACH DRIVER IN DETAIL BUT WHAT WAS TOP DRAWER IN 1961, WHEN THIS GROUP OF COMPONANTS WAS INTRODUCED , AND NOW 2010 IS QUITE DIFFERENT EVEN IF YOU ARE STILL A FAN OF HIGH EFF.HORN BASED SYSTEMS AS I AM