Dynaudio Confidence 20- Owners Thoughts?

Hi All,

I have purchased some Dynaudio Confidence 20 speakers as an end-game speaker and have not been able to listen to them yet; a huge leap of faith, I know. I have a Bryston 4B SST amp to power the speakers. Speakers will be played in a 13x14x8 room. They will be replacing some Duntech PCL 25 and Maggie LRS speakers. I have a HSU USL 15 mk2 sub that I use with current speakers. I listen to female vocalists, folk, jazz, blues, and some rock.

I have read everything I could find about the confidence 20 but cannot find much information from actual owners.

What are your thoughts on these speakers? How do they image? What do you feel are their strengths/weaknesses?

I am hoping they will sound very natural, present solid "singer in the room" images, and provide an emotional connection to the music. I do understand that the room, associated gear, and personal preferences will affect these factors.

Any thoughts any how these speakers have sounded in your experience would be very much appreciated.

Happy listening!

chiefrusty

I had a set, they are not Bass shy at all. Adjust the bass by the distance to the wall. As for treble they are not fatiguing at all, at the same time silver speaker cables will make them sound bright.

do you have them yet? I am confused, if you purchased them, what prevents you from listening to them. What does it matter if people here say X or Y if you already have them and can decide for yourself?

They will sound different with every single amp because they are pretty hard to drive....

Thanks for the further information fellow listeners!

grislybutter, I have ordered the speakers but they will be another couple of weeks before they arrive, that is why I am asking.

@chiefrusty they are very revealing speakers with the proper gear, I use Burmester, had there 032 integrated on the dyna 30's, they where excellent, did everything well