DVD by Oppo 205

Will the 205 provide a better experience for DVD viewing than an older high quality video player’s  upconversion via HDMI?
ptss

Showing 3 responses by ptss

Thanks guys. If it upsamples to closer to 1080p that’s a great improvement. I hadn’t thought of the Darby processing. Since there are so many opera DVDs it may be better to go with the 105d. Any other cpmments ?
Glad you mentioned vocals !  I am an opera nut. Love audio and video. I have a glass of French Brandy and - honestly - I am there. I am “supremely” grateful for DVD’s and enhancements are Gravy !!!
Thanks again guys. With auxinput comments re the video and Darbee I found out the 205 has a completely new video chip they partnered with a video chipmaker to jointly design. I hear so much good about Oppo I have to assume the new chip will outperform the previous. And I assume Darbee will bring out an improved stand-alone fairly soon which may be used with the 205 if reviews are positive. So I have decided on the 205 if I upgrade now. I appreciate the new videos made in 4K will be much better than upconverted DVD’s however I have a huge selection in DVDs that I enjoy in 1080i from HDMI and all the positive comments indicate there’ll be a noticeable benefit with the 205. I appreciate your inputs very much.