Dutch & Dutch 8c with multiple sources

I’m really interested in getting the Dutch & Dutch 8c. I want to use a Mac mini for music, however I also want to be able to run the audio from my TV through the them. How would I do this?
e91811

Showing 8 responses by e91811

I don’t want to introduce another dac into the system. Can someone please tell me the names of a few preamps that would work?
If I use a cheap external dac as a preamp then I’m limiting the quality of the input to the 8c, which is fine for tv but is terrible for music from the computer
I do not think there are any hifi preamps that take two or more toslink inputs and have an aes3 output. Or do I misunderstand how to do this?
djones51: thank you for that article, that has a lot of useful information however, I really want to get rid of extra dacs and use the DAC in the 8c
All D&D needed to do was include one optical spdif input and it would have saved users so much grief. This is a real design flaw
Is it possible to plug the Mac mini into the network socket (via router) for use with Roon and also have something plugged into the aes socket?