Duelund CAST silver a $50,000 Upgrade?

Duelund CAST silver Capicitor upgrade 50K??
I've ordered some speakers and asked about upgrading to Deulund's silver foil CAST capacitor and inductor a listed option on my speaker. dc10audio got back to me with 50K $50,000.00 dollars extra over the copper that's already included in my speaker!!

How the hell is that even possible?? And if I could and I can't afford the extra would it be worth it? Am I going to see Jesus with the silver or what?

Steve
berkelyaudiogeek

Showing 5 responses by charles1dad

Look at the bright side, the copper Duelund CAST will likely outperform all but the silver version.So you're still doing very well.
Regards,
As far as I know the Deulund CAST differ only in choice of metal foil used.Other than that distinction all else is identical.
Berkely,
I have the copper CAST capacitor installed in my speakers and also a pair as coupling caps in my DAC.Their effect is undeniably significant. I can't phantom you'd be disappointed by any stretch of imagination . They're the epitome of purity, honestly and natural sound.I believe you'll love their contribution.
Regards,
Berkely did purchase the speaker. Questioning the substantial premium for the Duelund silver CAST upgrade is not bashing in my opinion.
If your crossover has multiple or high value micro farads the cost can rise in a hurry.I was fortunate as my crossover only has one capacitor of modest size.