DSP8000’s se upgrade

My DSP8000’s are the speakerlink from 2010 so already have eba, to me that means I’m paying an awful lot of money for the be tweeters and the back plates. I’m posting this to find any ager’s that might have done the upgrade and considering the cost would you do it today and why or why not? I’m close to pulling the trigger but when I look at what the upgrade money combined with the return from selling and worst case $30k buys a lot of speaker on this site. I don’t need people telling me they’re speakers are better I’m looking for owners that went down the path already. Thanks Steve 
128x128steve59

Showing 1 response by contuzzi

That’s a LOT of money to spend on speakers that are going to have painfully bad resale value if you ever sell them.

Meridian is a company that urges its dealers to not demonstrate their speakers next to other brands “because people don’t account for the fact that they’re powered.”  Makes sense, but also....  

I wouldn’t spend a dime on those.   If you like them, keep them forever, but spending more money on them be throwing money away unless you want to keep them as long as you live.