DSP8000’s se upgrade

My DSP8000’s are the speakerlink from 2010 so already have eba, to me that means I’m paying an awful lot of money for the be tweeters and the back plates. I’m posting this to find any ager’s that might have done the upgrade and considering the cost would you do it today and why or why not? I’m close to pulling the trigger but when I look at what the upgrade money combined with the return from selling and worst case $30k buys a lot of speaker on this site. I don’t need people telling me they’re speakers are better I’m looking for owners that went down the path already. Thanks Steve 
128x128steve59

Showing 2 responses by augustus1127

Hello Steve, I had Marc Koval upgrade my 8K’s about six moths ago to SE. I can honestly say that is the most dramatic change my ears have experienced in many years. Well worth it and I would certainly do it again. Walter
Believe me, I have given many many speakers and systems demonstrations since my first Meridian purchase in 1993. This is my third upgrade primarily from preowned or demo equipment so not nearly as costly. Nothing sounds better and works better together for a very long time. Since I have no plans on changing, I am very pleased with this upgrade and you would have to spend a considerable amount more to achieve this level of sound.