Dr. Feickert Blackbird

I want to get some opinions. I am currently saving for my end-all analog source. I have been lusting after the Blackbird for a year now. I keep trying to talk myself out of it, but keep coming back. Love the classic turntable look, the reviews, and especially 2 arms. If I am only going to have one table, I want 2 arms. I still have time, as I'm not half way to my $$ goal for a the table and first arm.

Is there better or equal performer for at or under that price without losing that classic turntable look? 

128x128edgyhassle

Showing 4 responses by rsf507

Have to agree with @mijostyn 2 arms is overrated. Pick the best table/arm combo you can afford and play some music and be happy 😊

@rdk777 I'm pretty certain that the Stabi R with wooden plinth can only accommodate 1 tonearm. The other Stabi R's can accommodate upto a total of 4 arms. But please verify with a Kuzma dealer.

@edgyhassle the Feickert is a nice table BUT sonically the Kuzma Stabi R is by far better IMHO. And yes I've heard both side by side. Better focus and bass extension. I would guess it's because of the Stabi R DC motor and mass.

@ninetynine the Blackbird is a great TT it's just I've heard the Feickert against a Stabi R and the Stabi was clearly superior IMO.