Downsizing from Audio Research REF110 to 100.2

I have an Audio Research REF3 and REF110, I pair them with Proac D38 and Transparent ultra MM biwire speaker cable.

I want to keep the REF3 but I am going to try the very well reviewed solid state Audio Research 100.2, I like the REF110 but I want to have more simplicity in my system and not to think about if my power amp in switched on or not.

I also wanted to convince myself that I am not such exigent to need always the best, I had in the pass an Audio Research D200 which left to me good reminders, I know that 100.2 in noticeable better so I think it could be enough satisfactory in my system.

Someone having some experience with both amplifiers?
How they would compare?
jglpubli
From my own expirience I can recommend a Pass X-250 as a SS alternative to Ref 110. It sounds great and works great with Ref 3. Runs a bit hot though.
I have no doubt the X series (or anything by Nelson Pass)is good. I am thinking however that the D38s would not need more than 60 Class A Watts or so to play very loud (again, they are conservativley rated if the XA30.5 is any indication), the D38 are fairly sensitive speakers if I remember correctly - 90db or so?. This would allow you to take advantage of the full Class operation of the XA series and what I suspect would be an even higher level of performance in the midrange. This may be hair splitting, as I never heard a Pass amp sound anything but good. IF the ARC SS can compete with Pass, then my hats off to them, they've designed a great SS amp.
Thank you again for your help.

I have a Michell Gyrodec + Origin live silver tonearm + Ortofon Jubilee + Graham Slee Era Gold mk5 + Graham Slee Elevator EXP as a phono preamp's.
My CD is an old Linn Karik + Numerik modified with bybee filters.

I don't think the problem is in the source because both have the same character and defects when listening through the speakers, otherwise the listening with headphones (Graham Slee Solo + Sennhesiser HD600) is very satisfied.

This is why I think the problem could be located in the trio power amp-speakers-room.
Audphile1, the REF 3 is completely broken with more than 1500 hours and the REF110 has about 450.
I had the Audio Research D200 with Ruark Equinox speakers and Linn Kairn preamp, I had also the Ruark Equimox with the REF3 and VT100 MKIII, and I had similar problems than I am having now, but with a bit less global performance.

Maybe you are right that with the D200 the sound was more forgiving, I am not sure if too much resolution could be a problem for me.
I would recommend you try a solid state amp, such as Classe CA-2200, McIntosh MC402 or Pass Labs X250.5 or X350.5 or McCormack DNA-500.

I think any one of these amplifiers will be a good fit. Besides, any one of these should be a good match with the REF3. JMO of course. If you go with any of the above mentioned amps used, you don't have much to worry about because you can easily sell them here. You can also try the Pass amps that Tvad and Pubul recommended, although I am not sure how loud you like to listen to your system, you may be somewhat limited with 30 or 60w/ch.