Doug Schroeder Method, Double ic

I think this topic deserves its own thread , where use double ic through y adapters , from source to preamp, Can’t connect it from Preamp to Amp...For me the result is huge, I can’t go back to single ic....
128x128jayctoy
'Some SM IC compatibility info to share:

I've tested a pair of SM interconnects without issue with:

• Class D integrated amp - Nuprime IDA-8
  • R2R dac with a vintage chip (AD1862) - Mojo Mystique V3
Before trying with the dac, I consulted the owner of Mojo if the double IC's would be an issue.  He said no.  Confirmed.  The above 2 components are in two different systems.

Anyways, I only have about 35 hours on the Acoustic BBQ IC's from @grannyring .  I'll report more after I get to 100 hours.  But so far, I am liking what I am hearing.  Previous cables are Signal Cable Silver Resolutions.

Some lovely additional input from veroguy; thank you! Your post strikes me as indicating you are a no-nonsense sort of fellow. This is also good input to share about class D use with another brand. 

One thing I noticed is that you seem to prefer the all copper Schroeder Method Acoustic BBQ IC to the standard silver/copper Signal Cable IC. That's not surprising to me. I happen to be using a silver/copper mix in my "internal" speaker wiring for the PureAudioProject Trio15 Horn 1, and I like the result. Ironically, this thin stranded wiring is from Radio Shack! I had a spool of it sitting for about, what, 6-7 years since they went defunct and decided to try it on the PAP. Works well, I suspect because of the silver/copper mix. But, I really do need to try a heavy gauge copper cable, maybe 10 AWG to see if that does better. I suspect it would. 

The good news regarding class D use is helpful for me, because I was hoping to do comparison between an active X-over rig with six channels of amplification versus a passive X-over setup with two channels (stereo or monos) with tri-wiring. I would like to use all Schroeder Method ICs in that comparison. This would involve the Legacy Audio Whisper DSW Clarity Edition custom speakers that can be switched between both modes. I did the review a while back for Dagogo.com (BTW, one of my conclusions was that I could make either passive or active speaker setup superior depending upon the complexion of the entire system. But, in an apples to apples comparison, i.e. amps, active x-over was superior). 

I already have gotten familiarity with the two channel and tri-wiring the Whisper speakers, but was holding back on Schroeder Method with the active x-over and 6 channel of class D setup because of concerns voiced to me about it from industry members. Now, it seems that the momentum is building to conclude that Schroeder Method is benign to Class D. I am still not willing to go promote it as universally benign (erring on the side of caution), but I am encouraged by the feedback! 
I think I have another positive review here.

Before the DSM ICs I tried a double run of Duelund 16g wire for my speaker cables with ugly results. This was about a year ago.  The single runs were for two different systems. Now I've purchased 3 sets of DSM ICs and they been in the system 4 months going strong and I like them. So I thought I'd take the 2 sets of speaker cables and make a double run to experiment with the DSM ICs in place. For me it elevated my listening experience another notch. Could it be the combination of DSM ICs with the double run of speaker wire?

I ran a pair from my preamp to a Sunfire Class D amp. No issues at all. I didn't notice much difference though. I just did a pair from HDD/streamer and that produced better results. 

I used the metal F or Y style hard connectors. I wrapped them in electrical tape since they are in close contact at the back of the preamp. Does it matter if they make contact? Did I waste my time wrapping them with electrical tape? 
Thank you very much, piouser and shout1cobra, for your input! 

Doubling speaker cables has always been a good way for me to elevate a system's sound. Not sure what happened with the double 16 Ga. you used. I usually try to get the AWG to about 10 for speakers, and that means doubling some substantial cables. I'm not surprised at all that you heard more from doubling speaker cables when using the Schroeder Method. It is much more revealing of such things than standard single IC, imo. 

We must have half a dozen class D amps now in use with Schroeder Method, which is great! I'm guessing some others have tried and not discussed publicly, too. 

Good job, shoup1cobra, to try an alternative location, as opposed to simply� concluding that there is no efficacy because you didn't hear it in the first trial. I encourage you to get Y cables, as budget hard connectors might be quite lossy for the signal. When I was using hard splitters with some components they were very close together, and I always put a piece of foam or leather between them.