Dolby Atmos: does it do anything for two-channel reproduction?

I noticed that more and more of my downloads from Apple Music show the Dolby Atmos logo next to "lossless". But I cannot really hear any obvious difference on my two-channel system. Would I need a special decoder? I don't know if there are any besides the one reviewed in the current Stereophile issue (which costs a bundle). And if I had such a decoder, would it add anything to two-channel reproduction (such as adding spatial information), or is it designed strictly for multi-channel reproduction such as home-theater?

Thanks!

128x128reimarc

Thank you all for the clarification about Atmos. I will stick with 2-channel, I guess.

From what I have read over the years, Dolby Atmos is the Successor of Q Sound and Sensura.

Q Sound succeeded Sensura, I am not aware of Albums being produced with the Sensura embedded, but the Q Sound has been used on both readily available CD and Vinyl on a limited number of Albums. The expansive Soundstage in all dimensions and the capability to conjure a sound/image anywhere within the soundstage is the strength of Q Sound.

I believe Atmos has the same capability, but do not know if it has been embedded into any commercially available Albums. 

I believe Atmos has the same capability, but do not know if it has been embedded into any commercially available Albums. 

Atmos has been embedded in albums now, but they are all released on bluray media. 
Take the Dark Side of the Moon 50th anniversary box-set as an example.
It contains a separate disc mastered in Atmos.