Does streaming music equate to high concert ticket prices

Im an ex musician(guitar player in alternative rock) and back in the day ie1970s/80s/90s bands toured to promote record sales to make money,now it seems its the opposite.Im a digital guy,I dont play records at all.I dont stream either,CD only and i still buy 2 or 3 new CDs a month.To me my system sounds fantastic.Here locally Pearl jam is playing and the standing room ticket out in the field is 250 bucks,You cant see them or really hear the music.Ridiculous in my opinion yet its sold out.Aerosmith is coming on the farewell tour and ticket prices are about as stupid as it gets..Over 7 grand for a great seat....After doing a google search on what artist make on their music being streamed the numbers are quite low...Tidal pays .01,Qubuz .04 and Spotify .003....Its kind of obvious at least to me the music streaming is contributing to the high cost of ticket prices...anyone have an opinion?

missioncoonery

Showing 1 response by psf4972

Amen to smaller venues for serious music making of all genres driving the atmosphere. For classical music —-plenty of rock ‘n roll in French enlightenment music, Handel, Beethoven and more !—  visit London for BBC summer promenade concerts at the Albert Hall. Stand at the arena front for $9.50 for tickets bought on the day, 30 feet from the likes of the brilliant US trained Karina Canellakis conduct a totally fresh and alive Mahler’s 1st, Katia and Marielle Labeque on two fabulous pianos and Peter Serkin on one !