Does Aesthetix calypso match with Krell 200s pow?

I now want to change my pre amp, but a lot of pre amp in my intend to choose. So, could u ple help me to correct me with aesthetix calypso pre. Or Krell KRC 3? My system: 803s B&W speaker, Wadia 830 CD, Krell ksa 200s pow amp,...
offline69
Hi

Rwwear is correct. I had the KRC which preceded the KRC HR and priced also at $6,900. This was better than the KRC 2. The KRC and KRC 2 were released about the same time, followed by KRC 3 and KRC HR. In descending order of quality - KRC HR > KRC > KRC 2 > KRC 3
Dear all,
I've brought home and then listen KRC2, but I still feel neither as I am desired? Sound seems light, bright, sharp and mid seemed thin.
I asked a man in Audio Shops, he experienced a lot of Krell:Pow Krell's good for bass but pre, Krell CD is not good. He recommends choosing from Europe such as: Goldmun, MARK LEVINSON,ACCUSTIC ARTS,...He said this true?
Pls help me more, thanks.
offline69
Offline,
If you are looking at Goldmun, Mark Levinson and the likes go with a newer Krell pre-amp -- The Knowledge of the sales rep is "Full of It" -- Krell has some of the best sounding pre-amps and CD players available (for a price) can you get any better than krell At this level? thats an ongoing debate -- but the truth is Krell has lots to offer if you can afford it.
The KRC series is a good series gets you to probably 80% of the best out there but they are now long-in the tooth old, I would send it to krell to refurbish (a Good service from krell).

Your only other choices from Krell is the KCT (fantastic world class pre-amp) and the EVO series concluding with the top-of-the-line EVO707/evo 2. Very expensive but the very best. Mark Levinson is great but they are like Krell very expensive because they are one of the best!

I at one point owned the KRC-HR (15 yrs ago)I had no problems with the sound - not thin, not bloated just good sound -- I wonder if its something else in your system or this might be your first experience in clean high-end resolution -- The Krells usually plays (resolution - good or Bad) whats on the disk!
The only thing I'am not familiar with is your wadia cd player -- I heard they were good -- Your Krell amp is the Best part of your system (I still own KSA-100S - Just had it refurbished from krell a few years ago).
Good Luck and be careful of what is said (think before you leap -- unless you have lots of money).
What is your budget for a new pre-amp and that will help fellow audiogoners to give your advise (SS or Tubes).
ok -- swing it!
Offline, go for a tube preamp. Just make sure the output impedance is low enough to drive your Krell. I was never a fan of Krell preamps. My experience with the KRC, KRC-HR and KRC3 is similiar to yours plus a FLAT soundstage.

I'm a big fan of Krell amps though. I've own a Krell KSA100s, FPB300 and FPB600 with only positive experiences.

Krell cd players sounds great but had a reliability problem with their Philip transports. My KPS30i and KAV300cd spent most of the time in transit to and from Krell for repairs or replacement.