Do you think audiophiles are the most gullible hobbyists

They seem to fall for anything. I have had other hobbies before and people seem to be more sensible. What is it about Audiophiles that makes them so gullible?

taters
You're a phony Geoff and so are your products.
Magic Pebbles, Colored Dots, Teleportation Tweaks. 
Seriously?
End of lesson. 

Fortunately I’ve never been one to pay much attention to angry foaming at the mouth wannabees. Now it really is the end of the discussion.

Or is it? I'm betting there will be more whining and bleating.
I visit Switzerland every year. I have yet to see a "happy" Swiss citizen. Try greeting a Swiss stranger with a smile. No eye contact whatsoever, and the greeter is treated as if invisible. I would not live in Switzerland if it were given to me.
Tarp38, what you say is so and is in the culture  of all the loosely
Germanic cultures both in German speaking countries and Scandinavian countries .
BUT , the reason is friendship is treated FAR more serious in these lands and holds many more obligations .
As a  Finnish friend of mine said, "Americans are warm on the outside and cold on the inside , Finns the opposite " .
From my years living in Germany I think he was spot on.
In general, what we consider a close friend would be thought of as an acquaintance .Took me 4-5 years to get used to but in the end I think it makes for a deeper life .
Schubert what you describe is pretty commonplace with many more insular or ethnically or religiously Affiliated groups in USA or any where I suspect.  Smaller groups with more in common tend to be closer.   It is a nice thing I agree.  USA is more a big melting pot with many groups and affiliations and beliefs.    It's a blessing that such diverse groups can get along together at all.  Does not happen in many places maybe nowhere on the same scale.   USA has little other than its diversity and acceptance of many groups to distinguish it.