Do You own a Dual Cs5000? How does it sound compared to other Turntables?

Have you ever dobe a side by side conparison with Thorens Ariston Revolver Rega Linn Garrard Vpi Sota Technics etc. What was your verdict?
vinny55
I owned one and if you mod it, it can sound okay. Compared to other tables it has several compromises. Its base is formed plastic, which the bearing spindle is screwed to. Not the most solid foundation. It's has a transformer power supply that can cause some low level noise. This needs to be placed in its own project box, wired and placed away from the table. The arm has a number of plastic parts, and, although it does an ok job, it is still, meh. Shrink tubing the arm helps out with resonance control. The tonearm cable sucks and needs to be replaced. 

So, as it stands, without mods, it looks nice but really not the best value. It will play and make some fair to good sound but it is a dead end, you can't upgrade the arm and is made with a lot of cheap plastic. 

That being said, it is much better than other Dual turntables and does give you a glimpse at what good sound is about.
@raymonda sounds to me like nothing special after your description.
Looks are awesome but doesnt sound like a sonic keeper.
I doubt that the 5000 is better than the build of 1019
Thorens 125 is a turntable that was much better i had one and upgraded the arm to SME 40 years ago.It was much more musical with better detail.Thanks.
Dual 5000's is not a bad table, and as a collectible it might be fun. But for the general price they are going for today they are not a good value. I've seen folks asking 400-750 for them and I would say that a stock one is best a $200 table. If one has had mods done correctly then $350. Any more than that then find another table.
I have experience with Dual 5000 and, before that, with Dual 1225. Dual 5000 is surely a looker, but the magic was missing. Dual 1225 was practically what I started listening to music on and it may still be the most musical thing I have heard. If you want the real deal, get Dual 1225. You could probably go for 1226, too.
Post removed 
Post removed 
Vinny, yes the mods are worth it and can be done with less than $100, if you are handy and good at soldering.