Do you leave your McCormack amps powered on 24/7?

I was told that it would be better to leave the amps powered on 24/7 than powering on/off when using it. On my DNA HT1 dlx, there is a standby mode and the amp doesn't get really warm when left on. My DNA1 dlx doesn't have a standby mode and stays pretty warm, not hot but in the middle. What is the reasoning behind leaving it on all the time? Is it really better to leave it on or is it a waste of electricity? Responses are much appreciated.
bjue

Showing 1 response by ig316b

Bjue
Short answer no, long answer Yes. I have two DNA-1 Dlx Gold’s that I use in a vertical bi-amp configuration. The reason I don’t leave them on all the time has more to do with heat, you would not believe how much those two radiators will heat up a room during the summer. Oh how I long for the cool winds of September to come rolling in, then those puppies stay on 24/7 with the exception of thunder storms. Yes the sound does change it becomes smoother, sweeter and more relaxed, its something you don’t realize until they've been turned off for awhile and then turned back on again, then there’s something just not right and as time goes by that sweet inviting sound starts to return. As you can tell I really love the winter time, if its too cold outside then thats a good reason to stay in and listen. If it’s not a problem with the electric bill try it some time. I found they perform their best after about a month or more. The best description I have seen in writing is over at Odyssey Audio look under setup and tweek tips and read thru the warm up and break in section. Try it sometime, what have you got to lose better sounding music. Just be forewarned about the danger of such sweet music it can be addicting. Happy listening

P.S. During the summer I turn mine on on Thursday and off on Sunday on my way to bed.