Do you consider cables to be a "component" of your system?

Meaning, do you think that cabling (AC/InterConnects/SpeakerWire) should be considered a component that is integral to your system?

I have probably as much money in cabling and fuses as I do in most of my components (if not more).

Please, please, PLEASE don't tell me that cables don't make a difference. I disagree and there's nothing you can say or do that will change my mind, so save it for another thread, please.

I just wondered if you had to recommend a set up to someone (who wanted a nice stereo), would you consider cabling to be essential in your build price and your recommendations? If so, would you consider the cost of the cables to be on par with the cost of a component?

128x128coralkong

Showing 2 responses by jerryg123

Yes but not to the extreme  of others here. I look for the cables to impeach the components connect to them. Stay out of the way…no colorations.

@d_joudrey I find it amazing is that you read any review, premier, report from an audio show. every speaker, amplifiers, streamer, DAC manufacturer is using upgraded cables, interconnect, power, speaker, tonearm, and enhanced internet switches and connections, or fiber. Many of these manufacturers have no connection to these other manufacturers. So why would the do this?

Simple to maximize the performance and experience of the reviewer, customer. Because they make a difference. If it truly did not then they would use the cheapest crap on the planet.