Do you build anything for your high fidelity system? If so, what do you make?

After some self assessment and introspection on my own high fidelity habits I discovered that I build or make things for my stereo/audio room. Some examples of these things are;

1 Tore out carpeting/padding/floor tiles in the addition to my house (audio room) and painted the cement floor with epoxy paint and clear coat. Placed out a Turkish area rug.

2 Made cherry wood speaker stands on wheels.

3 Had made custom speaker covers and stereo stand covers for when I am not listening to audio to keep away dust. Thanks to my seamstress....

4 Custom made Paduak wood cover (with legs) with two low speed exhaust fans for my tube amp

So curiosity got the best of me. Have you made anything for you stereo system or room? If so what did you make and why?

128x128Ag insider logo xs@2x2psyop

Showing 1 response by gregp858

We bought a house on the lake that needed a lot of attention. With that in mind I rebuilt the entire house. Almost 6 inches of closed cell spray foam in the floors. Closed cell foam in the exterior walls. Open cell foam in the attic and layer acoustic batting on all trusses from one end of the house to the other. All interior walls are insulated. Used cork floors throughout the house. Used all double pain low e impact windows. Also cut the entire top off of the fire place stereo rack and rebuilt the top to fit the equipment. I did all of the things to this house that I always wanted to do to every house that I lived in. This one gave me the opportunity as it needed rehab. Acoustic bliss!