Do you all agree when Prince said the 60s, 70s and 80s were the golden ages of music?

So I came across this interview today and it dates back to 2011. Prince felt the 60s-80s were the golden ages of music when artists played their instruments, wrote their own songs and actually had to perform (those were his reasons).

I posted it and if you watch from 7:40 you’ll see what I mean.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mcgvcqVHJC0

What do you all think?
michaelsherry59
@bdp24, yes and Jamerson’s playing What’s going on while drunk and lying on his back is legendary. But Jamerson was a solid jazz player who played upright bass on a lot of Motown tunes. 
And what I meant was players of Motown actually used syncopated rhythms and jazz phrasing while playing on Motown music. That’s what made Motown music so different. You didn’t hear that type of phrasing on rock albums. I’m a jazz pianist, but there’s no confusion where the music of the jazz greats stands. I’m a huge fan of Dexter Gordon.
But check this out. Who was Prince? He was the son of jazz musicians. He could play everything. He gets my vote for one talented musician!
Seriously guys, what went wrong with music after the 80s? Music was everything to us in the 50s-80s and after that really. It just started to fall apart, many music genres went downhill then tol
Standard Boomer nonsense. @michaelsherry59 is nothing but a troll.

Completely agreed.