Do the Audio gods shine upon you?

Has anyone else had this experience or am I just nuts? You sit down for a quiet evening of Hi Fi listening and after some warmup time you suddenly realize that your system sounds dramatically better than it did the night before. I am talking about those little things like more resolution, low level detail. You know, those things that turn audiophiles on. I am almost afraid to turn my system on again for fear that the "audio gods" have abandoned me.
slowhand
This is very interesting. I also read reviews, and then one
component seems like it is the one to get, then vise versa. It's even worse when I drink a lot of coffee, actually I
never don't. I like my system, and have my eye on other stuff, but I can live with what I now have. On certain days
though, I start feeling that same feeling, and can't figure out why. On most songs the bass hits just right, and other songs ( a couple ), it misses, and ruins the whole song, so I just change it.
I used to live across the street from an urban High school.
My system always sound better the longer school was out. This became more obvious after a new high tech computer annex was constructed.
I, too have had the audio gods visit...however, they seem to come when I am feeling particularly good. I can't tell you how often a great bottle of wine appears to precede their entrance. It never seems to happen when I come home from work, frazzled and just wanting to collapse. And then...the voices screaming in my head put a pox on any chance of them showing up! (lol)

Truly, I believe there are so many subjective possibilities, such as background noise at a minimum, my own zen state and the ability to focus and hear clearly. I have a friend who swears the electrical background during the day affects his system (I hope he's talking about his stereo!)
There is something special about being alone with all you have worked so hard to assemble and put togther. Play anything, at any volume...

BTW, Sunday afternoons are just as good as any late evening.
I guess I am from the camp of 'the glass is half empty'. I sometimes sit down and nothing seems to excite me. I know which CD's are 'lifeless' and do not even play them on my main rig. After surfing on a few songs, I turn it off. Not sure why. Maybe I was just not in the mood to listen after all. Other times, I really get into it. I envy those that literally get goosebumps while listening. I do not. I jealously hope that they are not enjoying their music more than me.