Do speaker cables need a burn in period?

I have heard some say that speaker cables do need a 'burn in', and some say that its totally BS.
What say you?

128x128gawdbless

azbrd

@geoffkait

Please explain to us minions how a particle of light, a photon, can be transferred over copper (or silver for that matter)??

>>>>I guess you would have to know that everything that’s in the electromagnetic spectrum, including visible light, which is actually an extremely small portion, is comprised of photons. It’s pretty obvious visible light cannot travel through most solid materials except transparent ones like water, polycarbonate, glass and clear plastic. The electrical signal and the audio signal, are also in the electromagnetic spectrum, but can travel through copper or silver. I bet you thought the signal was electrons, right?
Wow...I can’t imagine anybody could possibly think my post about talking to Morrow about preferring the sound of non broken-in cables was anything beyond describing a funny conversation where the Morrow dude displayed a sense of humor. How tightly are we wound around here? (rhetorical question, please treat as such). Maybe I’m the one missing the humor in the response, so forget I mentioned it. Thanks. Also, I bristle at the subject of age being a factor in hearing comprehension, although this could simply be some sort of itch. I can’t surf like I did at 16, but my wave knowledge is still there (proven last week on a surfing vacation). In any case, I’ve noted elsewhere that some amazing audio professionals, some of whom I’ve known, like Bob Clearmountain, Bob Ludwig, Elliot Schiener, et al, are all respected geezers still doing GREAT work using their elderly earballs. I mix live concerts for geniuses who, amazingly, like my work, and at this point I’m the oldest I’ve ever been. This could simply be due to luck, but I don’t care...too old...and I don’t listen to my rig at a particularly loud level, I don’t think...maybe I do...wait...what were we talking about? Regarding cables, after running into (almost literally) Bill Low at a local Audio Salon, he pointed out the bi wire advantages of his Rocket cables so I bought a pair...they're clearly directional as one end says "speaker" and has four plugs...what more proof do you need?
Interesting read.  It has absolutely nothing to do with this discussion, other than to point out that you need to make sure your connections are as tight as you can get them and don't use aluminum (which starts oxidizing very quickly).  Talking about phase shift without specifying the frequencies used is useless, and in this case, apocryphal. 

But I will guarantee you that the phenomena I mentioned are FAR more measurable than what your are talking about.

That being said, trust your ears and enjoy your cables. 
It has everything to do with this discussion as the author pointed out that what he tested operates in the 1Hz to 1Khz range (lots of overlap with audio, wouldn't one say?). Not that doubtful at all......

And thanks, I do trust my ears and cables as everyone should. 👍

All the best,
Nonoise
Wolf and azbrd, don't take it as a slight - none of us are getting any younger, but we still know what we want to hear (and I'll still help you smuggle in your subwoofer).  All I was trying to say there is that we're talking about (in some cases) double digit hearing loss over time.  I've been to many, many concerts, and replayed many more a thousand times in my HT at high volume.  The fact that I can hear at all makes me think I should donate my ears to science.  The "perceived" difference between directional-burned-in cables and those virgin, haphazardly laid and environmentally coddled cables cannot be in the 1% range, or they'd stand out in measurement like a sore thumb.  Any less, and that's a lot to expect of the Mark 1 Mod 0 eardrum.